Ila is a Registered Psychologist (Provisional) who has worked in the field for 8 years. In 2019 she went into private therapy practice in Regina to join the New Earth team to provide KAP and psychedelic integration therapies.
Ila’s style of therapy combines holistic, trauma-informed psychodynamic, humanistic, and transpersonal frameworks. She feels honored to hold space for fellow humans on their healing journeys, whether one finds themselves at the beginning of the road or deeper on their personal and spiritual voyage.
Some facts about Ila:
- She has a Shih Tzu who seems to love wearing all types of sweaters in the winter and is known to have enjoyed a small dog sized tank top in the summer.
- She loves gardening and since the beginning of the pandemic, like so many, her house has become a human sized terrarium with house plants.
- She loves cooking, laughing, adventuring, pondering, meditating, and creating with herloved ones.
- Her and her daughter both love art and have recently each joined new art classes to work with new mediums.
- She studied music prior to psychology.
EDUCATION + TRAINING
Masters of Education (M.Ed) in Educational Psychology - University of Regina
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - University of Regina
Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music Performance) - University of Regina
EMDR Basic Training
Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy - Polaris Insight Centre
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Reiki Level 1 & 2
PROFESSIONAL MEMERSHIPS + AFFILIATIONS
Saskatchewan College of Psychologists - Registered Psychologist (Provisional), Provisional Practice #1060
Member of the Psychology Association of Saskatchewan